Crisp fall evenings and falling leaves mean the spookiest time of the year is just around the corner. AccuQuilt makes vamping up your home easy and your little ghouls and goblins will enjoy the fun decor.
The excitement from the beginning of the school year is waning so why not stitch up a few things to frighten up October.
11. In a pinch and need decorations in a hurry? Use cardstock and the bat shape on the GO! Cat & Bat Die to create these bats that you can have flying up your wall in no time.
Fold the bat wings at the body to give them some dimension on your wall. Hosting a get-together with food, then use the rounded pennant on the GO! Pennant Die with a white marker to label what food is at your party.
10. How about starting with a quick countdown calendar to Halloween? Like an advent calendar, but with a Halloween theme instead!
Sew: Go ahead—stitch out your favorite Halloween appliques and put them on the front of a square or rectangle to form a pocket.
No-Sew: Want a no-sew version for the appliques? Add fusible to some felt, run it through your GO! Fabric Cutter, and adhere it to the pocket. Just add a treat and you are all set for a fun new family tradition!
9. What’s Halloween without a great treat bag? The GO! Witchy Treat Sack pattern has you covered. Have more than one little ghost? Choose a different applique for each child.
8. For a quick way to change your décor, create a banner using the GO! Pennants Die. Just add some cute Halloween fabric. You could even add an applique to a few of the pennants!
The GO! Halloween Medley has the perfect sized appliques to fit the pennant shapes. Just look at what our good friend Chip Connor of The Quilt Stream created using those two dies alongside the GO! Carefree Alphabet Uppercase Set.
7. Whip up a festive candy bowl with the GO! Big Bowl Cozy Die. If you ever needed a reason to purchase the GO! Big Electric Cutter - this die is one of the reasons. You can cut your fabric and batting at the same time. For a little fun, why not add a spooky applique to the bottom of the bowl!
6. Want to quickly give your home a spooktastic lift? This is one decorating hack that takes little-to-no time at all - even if you spend most of your free time taking your kids to sports practices and then watching them play.
Grab your favorite fusible, an applique die, and some spooky fabric scraps, then add an applique to a purchased hand towel or dish towel. Ta-da! Your bathroom and kitchen are instantly ready for Halloween fun!
While you have your iron out, why not add an applique to a t-shirt or an apron for some added fun? All GO! applique dies come with three free embroidery files: motif stitch, blanket stitch, and satin stitch.
Shop the website and you can find some great “for purchase” embroidery files too!
5. Have an October birthday to celebrate? Or just want to celebrate with a cupcake? Stitch up a GO! Cupcakes Wall Hanging. Use some Halloween fabric to spice it up and embroidery the top cupcake with the GO! Halloween Cupcakes Embroidery by V-Stitch Designs.
4. Another great way to get into a ghoulishly festive fall mood is to make a pillow cover for your sofa. GO! Fright Night Pillow Pattern sews up quickly.
Use one of AccuQuilt’s free downloadable embroidery files or do some raw edge applique around the shapes. Either way, with this little addition to your sofa, you will creep up your living room.
3. What is Halloween without a few wall hangings? GO! Cat on a Hot Tin Room Wall Hanging finishes at 36” x 42” - making it the perfect size to add some spooky charm to any room. To top it off, this wall hanging is easy enough for a beginner.
Just grab the GO! Cat & Bat Die and start cutting. This die has some amazing embroidery designs to go with it. Check out all the possibilities and play around a little! You can find the embroidery files here.
2. As the fall nights get frightfully cooler, stitch up a Halloween throw quilt! AccuQuilt has you covered with the GO! Spinning Webs Throw Quilt Pattern.
What a great way to snuggle up and get you feeling festive and ready for the season!
1. And of course, what would a countdown be without adding a little hocus pocus to your table!
The GO! Spider Web Die is perfect to create a frighteningly thrilling table runner. The one I made only needs four Spider Web Blocks and some sashing!
It's Halloween Project Time!
It's time to really prepare for the spooky season! These are just a sampling of so many fun projects you can make as we close in on Halloween. Which project is your favorite? Which one will you make?
Receive crafting, sewing, quilting, DIY projects, and more directly to your email!