A quilt is a perfect way to gift a hug to a newborn. What’s better than snuggling up with a soft and cozy quilt AND a baby?!
Of course, many quilts become cherished family heirlooms. I know my mother passed on my baby quilt to me and I, in turn, used it for my firstborn. Quilts become a part of our family tapestry, and no matter how long a baby quilt is cherished it remains a part of that fabric.
8 Perfect Quilts for Baby
No matter if you are an accomplished quilter or a beginner, you can create a unique and personal gift in no time. Grab some fun fabric and a die and get cutting!
- What could be easier than grabbing a Block on Board (BOB) and some cheerful fabric! GO! Weathervane Baby Quilt Pattern features one of our newest BOBs - the GO! Weathervane-8" Finished Die. This is one way to make sure the new arrival knows which way the wind is always blowing.
- If applique is your thing, then the GO! Elephant Carousel Quilt Pattern is just the ticket! After all, baby elephants already know that “mother knows best”—herds are matriarchal. This playful, almost carousel-looking quilt is sure to add whimsy to any decor! Remember, AccuQuilt applique dies come with three free downloadable embroidery files (motif, blanket, and satin stitches).
- Some babies are just more active during pregnancy than others. What better way to welcome the active tyke than making a quilt using the GO! GO! GO! Quilt Pattern! This playful quilt will be sure to entertain for years to come.
- Show a little love by using the GO! Qube 8" Hugs and Kisses Baby Quilt Pattern. This adorable quilt is sure to let the arrival know you are sending lots of love their way! This pattern also gives you a chance to give your Qube a workout. You can use any Qube, your quilt will just be a different size when it is finished.
- For the beginner, or even a more accomplished quilter, the GO! Tumbler Baby Quilt Pattern should be a staple for baby gift-giving. The tumbler die has specially designed corners that make cutting your pieces accurate every time. This die is a great way to use up some scraps or grab a charm pack and start cutting!
- If you are welcoming a baby girl, check out this adorable GO! Magical Unicorns Throw Quilt Pattern. Pull out your GO! Western Medley Die, download the GO! Unicorn Single 1 Embroidery by V-Stitch Designs and you are ready to create some magic. This quilt is all about sugar & spice!
- The GO! On Track Quilt Pattern is the ticket to welcome a baby boy. The GO! Train Die along with the use of some great elements, like giant rick rack, is sure to be a favorite. The bright colors will keep baby occupied!
- I like to use my GO! Qubes to design the perfect size baby/toddler quilt. Pick your favorite 12” finished block and add some sashing. Construct your quilt 3 blocks across and 4 blocks down and you have a quilt that will grow with the recipient! And if your gift is for twins, like mine, you will appreciate just how fast this comes together. I used AccuQuilt’s GO! Fish Pattern, a layer cake, and picked some bright background fabric to make each quilt unique but similar.
Share your Baby Quilt with Us...Please?
We REALLY want to see what you’ve got planned to wrap your new bundle of joy in! Please share your pictures on social media, make sure the post is public, and remember to tag your pictures with #AccuQuiltBuilt to claim 250 Reward Points.
We can't wait to see your adorable creations!