Hi all my fellow AccuQuilt lovers, Vicki here from Vicki's Crafts and Quilting. If you need a quick gift, I have an easy quilting pattern for you. It's easy and fast too! A mug rug - made just for mom. Or you could leave off the lettering and have a great teacher or friend gift.
- GO! Coffee & Tea Medley #55212
- GO! Classic 2" Upper Case Alphabet #55559
- GO! Strip Cutter, either 2 1/4" #55053 or 2 1/2" 55014
- Fabric for background, 10" x 8"
- Fabric for pocket, 4" x 6"
- Fabric scraps for lettering, cup and saucer
- Fabric for binding
- Fabric for backing 10" x 8"
- Fusible web
1. Cut one 10" x 8" of fabric for the background and one for backing. Also cut one of batting.
Cut a 4" x 6" of pocket fabric. With right sides together fold the pocket to be a 4" x 3" and sew 1/4" seam on one side. Turn right sides out and top stitch across the top (the fold is the top).
2. Layer the backing, batting and background and quilt as desired.
Lay the pocket on the bottom right corner of quilted background fabric. Baste the bottom and right sides to the background fabric. Top stitch the left side of pocket to quilted background.