Happy days are here! You purchased the ultimate starter kit, Ready. Set. GO!
Now what? Your package comes with everything you need to make your first quilts.
Let's Start Quilting!
Time to Unbox
The first step is to unbox your cutter. I know this sounds simple, but I have found opening the box is sometimes a large hurdle.
You know you want to see what is in the box. Sew go ahead! Open the box, and put your new cutter on a flat surface. You are now ready to embark on your quilting journey!
AccuQuilt Gives You Confidence
Deciding what to make might feel daunting when you are new to quilting, but I promise it's not.
I know, you want to be confident that your project will look like the picture when you are done. If you are feeling brave, you may even try to change the color to something outside of the photos in the product pictures.
AccuQuilt makes achieving quilting goals easy. Every cut is 100% accurate. The pesky dog ears are already cut off for you - making it super easy to match everything up.
Cutting out your quilt is 90% faster too. So, you can spend the extra time sewing your quilt together.
Oh, and the changing the color thing? Simply visit GO! Quilt, and customize your pattern.
Ready. Set. GO! Beginner Patterns
Let’s get started by looking at a few of my favorite beginner quilts.
- The GO! 4-Patch Fun Quilt Pattern makes up easily and accurately. Since your set came with an 8” Qube, you are going to slightly change the dies you use to make this wall hanging. From your 8” Qube, you will use shape 1 and shape 2 to create the blocks, which will finish to 8” instead of 9.” Look, you are already becoming a designer! While this pattern uses the 3 ½” strip die, you can also use the 2 1/2” strip die that came with your ultimate cutting system.
GO! 4-Patch Fun Quilt Pattern
- Before we go to my next suggestion, I want to share some advice. Start small! It is easier to put together wall hangings, table runners, or even baby quilts before you tackle the larger projects. So, my next quilt that I would like to share is the GO! Qube 8” Friendship Star Table Topper Pattern. The friendship star is a traditional quilting block and is based on a 9-patch. As you continue your quilting journey, you will use this block often! Your Ready Set GO! ultimate cutting system contains the pieces you need for the friendship star. While you can cut the inner border at 2” wide like the pattern says, you could use your 2 ½ “ strip die instead. As you can see, next to Qubes, strip dies are one of the most loved and used dies. It might be time to start thinking of your next purchase!
GO! Qube 8” Friendship Star Table Topper Pattern
- Let’s talk about tumbler dies. The tumbler shape is one of the easiest shapes to begin your quilting journey. AccuQuilt has updated this traditional shape by adding specially designed corners that allow you to piece these shapes accurately every time. The use of color takes this shape to extraordinary quickly. The GO! Tumbler Splash Quilt Pattern looks complicated; however, I promise that you will be successful in piecing this. You will need to purchase the GO! Tumbler -3 ½” Die. This die is charm friendly as well. That might not mean much to you right now, but you will find yourself purchasing these wonderful collections of 5” squares soon and then wondering what you will do with them! For more tumbler fun, check out this Patriotic Tumbler Wall Hanging Pattern. While this pattern calls for you to use the 4 ½” Tumbler Die, you can use the 3 ½” tumbler die—your wall hanging will just be smaller.
GO! Tumbler Splash Quilt Pattern
Patriotic Tumbler Wall Hanging Pattern
- Your Qube has some companions that really help expand the blocks you can create. Qubes need their own size buddy. So, since you already have the 8” Qube, you will need the GO! Qube 8" Companion Set-Corners to whip up this next quilt. The GO! Hugs and Kisses Bed Runner Pattern lets you combine shape 10 from the Companion Set—Corners with shape 5 from the 8” Qube to whip up this stunning bed runner.
GO! Hugs and Kisses Bed Runner Pattern
- The other buddy to the 8” Qube has is the GO! Qube 8" Companion Set Angles. Once you purchase this Qube, it is time to design and make your first quilt sampler. Download the GO! Qube Mix & Match Block System, your favorite fabrics, and start cutting! My suggestion is to choose 20 different blocks, add sashing, and sew up a fun throw (4 blocks across and 5 blocks down make a fun size). Congratulations! You have now designed your first quilt. You can find directions for each block on the website.
Earn Reward Points & Save!!
I would love to see what you create! Want to earn AccuQuilt Reward Points you can apply toward your next purchase? Tag your quilt photos on social media with #AccuQuiltBuilt to claim 250 points.
You can earn these points once a month. If you submit every month - that's 3,000 points a year. What a deal! Let's see what you got!