Hi it's Bea from beaquilter.com
I'm here to show you how to make this Boo-tiful table runner. It's 12" x 28" Finished. It's made using the following AccuQuilt dies:
- GO! Spider Web die
- GO! Carefree Alphabet Set (2-Die Set)
- GO! Carefree Alphabet Lowercase Set (2 Die Set)
- I used about 1/2 yard of orange plus some for the binding so maybe 3/4 yard
- 1/4 yard of purple print fabric
- 1/4 yard of black fabric
At first I cut out eight sets of right side up and eight right side down of both orange and purple fabric.
Works well with a 6" WOF strip folded in half.
and I cut out 16 of the kite shape in black fabric.
You'll notice that there's little fabric marking points sticking out on the shapes.
I sewed eight sets of each together having the marking points on the same side. They look like triangles.
There's eight sets of each with alternating colors and the marking points being on the left or on the right.
When adding these to the black kite shape, you'll see how the straight sides of the kits matching up with the straight sides of the triangle sections, also since the dog ears are cut off, they line up perfectly.
Make eight sets of each set by adding the candy corn sections to the left of the kite as shown below then add the right side or top part too.
Then, sew two of the same spider web sections like this, so now there's four of each set.
Then sew these four together into spider web blocks with the black fabric in the center. The two blocks are mirror image of each other.
I prepared the backs of three scraps of purple fabric by adding steam a seam lite2 onto the back of each and laying over the uppercase letter B (right side down) and two over the letter O on lowercase alphabet (right side up) and cut them out.
I cut a piece of orange fabric 4 1/2" x 12 1/2" and positioned the Boo in the center and removed the paper from the back and ironed down, there's about 2" on each side.
I button hole stitched in black thread around each letter.
Then I sewed the fabric with the word Boo on it between the two spider web blocks.
I quilted it in a light purple/lavender thread and added orange binding to finish this festive table runner.
Now, you have a quick and fun project geared towards Halloween, but can be changed to spell out whatever you want!
Hope you try it, have fun!