This project makes one wall quilt, measuring 41½" x 42".
- GO! Pennants (55149)
- GO! Hearts-2", 3", 4" (55029)
- GO! Strip Cutter 2½" (2" Finished) (55017 or 55014)
- GO! Carefree Alphabet Uppercase Set (55092)
- OR GO! Classic 2" Alphabet Set (55559)
- An assortment of low volume and gray scraps to use for the pennants, enough to make 60 triangle pennants
- An assortment of red and pink scraps to use for the hearts and 'LOVE'
- 3- 2½" x 42" strips of low volume or gray
- ¼ yard low volume (for 1st border)
- ⅓ yard pink print (for 2nd border)
- ½ yard solid white (for 3rd border)
- ⅓ yard binding
- 1⅓ yards backing
- 45" x 45" batting
- For the 1st border, cut 4- 2" x 42" strips
- For the 2nd border, cut 4- 2½" x 42" strips
- For the 3rd border, cut 4- 3½" x 42" strips
- For the binding, cut 5- 2½" x 42" strips
Quilt Top Instructions
Lay the low volume and gray scrap pieces on top of each other in stacks of 6. Use the AccuQuilt GO! Fabric Cutter and the GO! Pennants die to cut out the triangle pennants. Repeat this process until you have 60 pennants. I trimmed ¼" off of the tip of each pennant to reduce bulk in the seams of the quilt.
Sew the pennants together, alternating the direction of each one, into strips of 15 triangles. Two strips should start with the point pointing down and two strips should start with the point pointing up.
Sew one 2½" x 42" low volume or gray strip in between each row of triangles.
Trim the right and left edges of the quilt, removing the overhanging triangles and strips so that the edges are straight.
Sew two strips of the first border onto the left and right sides of the quilt top. Trim the border to fit exactly. Sew the remaining two strips onto the top and bottom of the quilt top. Trim the border to fit exactly.
Repeat the same steps to add the 2nd and 3rd borders.
Using the red and pink scraps, fuse Heat n Bond Lite to the back of the fabric. Use the GO! Hearts die to cut out 9 hearts (I used 3 of each 3 sizes). Use the AccuQuilt alphabet die of your choice to cut out the word 'L-O-V-E'. I used the GO! Carefree Alphabet Uppercase Set.
Fuse 'LOVE' and the hearts into the desired spot of the quilt top, then stitch down to secure. I used a straight stitch, but AccuQuilt does offer free, downloadable appliqué files for blanket, motif and satin stitches.
Layer the quilt top, batting, and backing. Baste the layers together. Hand or machine quilt as desired. Make the binding and attach it to the quilt.
If you decide to make this lovely wall quilt, be sure to show us on Instagram, @AccuQuilt and @jessicadayon, and on Facebook, AccuQuilt. And follow my blog, Jessica Dayon, to see my newest patterns, sew-alongs, and tutorials.