If you’re reading this, it’s quite likely that you’ve already learned about the potential for enthusiastic, joyful addiction to the craft of quilting. Even if your time is limited, you likely look forward to the time you can finally get back to your latest project - or projects!
Ask any quilter about their craft and you’ll hear some variation of, “A good day is a day spent quilting,” and “Every quilter has a masterpiece inside.”
The Joy of the Beginner Quilter
On the other hand, maybe you’ve only witnessed the passion of quilting in others. You may have spent a fair amount of time admiring your friends’ creations - watching their ideas bloom into colorful reality. Inspired, you’re now wondering how you can get started on your own projects.
Beginning quilters sometimes find themselves wishing that they, too, could experience all the joy felt by established quilters.
Fortunate are the beginners - for they know not the quilting adventure that awaits them.
For those of you who have yet to make the leap into the world of quilting, let’s talk about how you can get started on the road toward manifesting your own very first quilt.
Manifesting your First Quilt
Manifesting your first quilt is a powerful way to begin your quilting journey. Take some time to envision yourself quilting. What does that look like? How does it feel? Can you envision your first quilt? What does it feel like to wrap yourself in it?
You begin to manifest your first quilt by taking a moment to see yourself as a quilter.
You start incorporating quilting into your reality when you acknowledge the positive emotions and thoughts you have surrounding quilting. Now, all you need to do is put those thoughts and emotions into action. But how?
AccuQuilt and the Maker Community
One of the best ways to begin the process of manifesting your first quilt is to find, unite with, and learn from others in the quilting community. If there’s one thing that all quilters have in common, it’s an enthusiasm for sharing their craft with others.
Where can you find that quilting community?
A great place to start is right here at AccuQuilt.
A Quilting Community
AccuQuilt offers a wealth of tools and information to get you started - and keep you growing - as a quilter. More on that later.
One of the best ways to get your feet wet, though, is by connecting with others via social media. Join in the quilting conversation with dedicated AccuQuilters in the AccuQuilt blog comment section. Or, learn quilting tips and tricks from experts during AccuQuilt live events.
If you want to learn to swim, you’ve got to get into the water.
At AccuQuilt, you’ll find plenty of quilting experts who will have you feeling confident in no time.
AccuQuilt Tools and Resources
The AccuQuilt community is fast growing because they love the comradery. Plus, they have access to a plethora of tools and resources for quilters of all levels. Things like:
- YouTube quilting video tutorials covering everything from basic to advanced techniques.
- Live quilting events featuring inspirational “trunk shows” of completed quilts as well as expert guests sharing their own insights and creations.
- Blog tutorials.
- Free quilt patterns can be easily downloaded from the AccuQuilt website.
- Dies and fabric cutters that help you cut perfect shapes quickly, easily, and accurately - so you can concentrate on the sewing – without any math!
AccuQuilt’s Free Design Tool
The AccuQuilt tools listed in the previous section are just the beginning! One of the most powerful occupants of the AccuQuilt toolbox is our free design tool, GO! Quilt.
GO! Quilt is an easy-to-use online tool that helps you put your ideas into action. GO! Quilt lets you:
- Choose a pattern from hundreds of free options in a variety of project sizes and for every skill level.
- Audition color and fabric by choosing from a rainbow of solid colors, uploading your own stash of fabrics, or selecting from popular collections that live right in GO! Quilt.
- Download custom instructions. Once you’ve created your one-of-a-kind project, simply download your custom instructions, and you’re ready to start bringing your creation to life.
Watch below to learn more about GO! Quilt!
Quilting is a Scrap of Happiness
There’s just one thing to remember when the needle hits the fabric. No matter how you decide to get started with quilting, the best advice is:
- No time will be better to start than right now.
- Start simple and learn as you go.
- Every “happy accident” makes your project that much more unique.
- AccuQuilt is here to help.
What piece of quilting advice would you offer another AccuQuilter in the community? Share your advice in the comment section down below!