I have always loved the Crossed Canoes quilt pattern and I was excited to see that AccuQuilt had a
Block on Board die to create it! I decided I wanted to do a modern take on a Crossed Canoes quilt so I played with the block in Electric Quilter 8 and created this kaleidoscope-like pattern using the GO! Crossed Canoes-9" Finished die (55181).
This quilt is a nice throw size of 54” by 54”. I used batiks in blues and gold with a white background to make the shapes really pop.
- Background Fabric (4 yards)
- Light Blue Fabric (½ yard)
- Medium Blue Fabric (1 yard)
- Dark Blue Fabric (½ yard)
- Yellow Fabric (½ yard)
- Accuquilt GO! Crossed Canoes-9" Finished (55181)
- GO! Strip Cutter 5" (4½" Finished) (55023)
- Cut 56 5” squares
- Cut 88 A pieces on the Crossed Canoe die
- Cut 88 AR pieces on the Crossed Canoe die
- Light Blue:
- Cut 32 B pieces on the Crossed Canoe die
- Medium Blue:
- Cut 6 2 ½” strips for binding
- Cut 28 B pieces on the crossed Canoe die
- Dark Blue:
- Cut 28 B pieces on the Crossed Canoe die
- Cut 88 C pieces on the Crossed Canoe die
Piece together each Crossed Canoe unit following the directions that come with the die. The ironing directions are fabulous and really helped them come out well!
Sew together in rows and then into the quilt using the following image as a guide:
I love how it turned out! I used a feather quilting pattern to give movement.