I have fallen in love with modern quilts. I love their simplicity and use of negative space. This particular quilt is easy to make and I had so much fun creating it!
GO! Use Your Fabric Scraps
- GO! Fabric Cutter (I used the GO! Big Electric Fabric Cutter)
- GO! Qube 10” Qube Companion Set-Corners - Dies 11.1 and 12.1
- Red and blue fabric scraps totaling about 1/2 yard for blue and 1 yard for red
- 1/2 yard of binding fabric
- 30" of square backing
- 30" of square binding
Cut 100 pieces of red fabric using Die 11.1.
Cut 100 pieces of blue fabric using Die 12.1.
3. Sew pieces 11.1 and 12.1 together to make squares. Then, sew them into pairs, as shown below.
4. Sew the columns together. You will create five columns total.
5. Sew the columns into the finished quilt.
6. Layer and quilt. I chose to do wavy lines across the quilt to simulate a flag waving in the breeze.
The Perfect Weekend Project
As you can see, this project is simple and great for busting up scraps. I love how the final design came together, and it was so easy to complete!
If you make your own version of this tutorial, please share the photo on social media using the hashtag #AccuQuiltBuilt and don't forget to tag @websterquilt and @AccuQuilt so we can see your fun creation!