Spring is here and it seemed like the perfect time to make an appliquéd table runner using the AccuQuilt GO! Harrison Rose by Eleanor Burns and the GO! Big Churn Dash-12" Finished dies. Hi, I'm Connie from Freemotion by the River and I always like fast and easy quilted projects and the AccuQuilt GO! Fabric cutter is perfect for them! I actually made a table runner and a table topper.
Harrison Rose Table Runner and Table Topper
Finished size: Table runner - 12" x 36", Table Topper - 12" x 12"
- Pink for large flowers - fat quarter (applique)
- Dark pink for circle - fat quarter (applique)
- Print for center pieces - fat quarter (applique)
- Green for leaves - fat quarter (applique)
- Cream prints - 4 or 5 fat quarters for the blocks
- Green - 1/4 yard for binding
- 1/2 yard for backing
- 1/2 yard batting
- 1 yard fusible web
Cutting Instructions for the table runner:
Follow the directions on the fusible web that you bought and iron it to the wrong side of the fabrics for the flowers.
- Cut 3 of the large flower
- Cut 3 of the large circle
- Cut 3 of the center diamond shape (I only used one of the designs)
- Cut 24 of the green triangles
Churn Dash Block: Use assorted cream fabrics.
Make 3 Churn Dash blocks - follow the directions on the die for the best cutting results.
For the table runner cut:
- 3 center squares
- 24 rectangles
- 24 half square triangles
Follow the diagrams below to piece the Churn Dash blocks.
Make 3 blocks.
Fuse and machine applique the Harrison Rose pieces to the Churn Dash blocks.
I prefer to do a free motion applique on my vintage Singer sewing machine. Then add your batting and quilt as desired. Trim and add your binding.
Make one block for a cute little table topper!
Cutting Instructions for the table topper:
- Cut 1 of the large flower
- Cut 1of the large circles
- Cut 1 of the center diamond shape (I only used one of the designs)
- Cut 8 of the green triangles
Churn Dash Block:
- 1 center square
- 8 rectangles
- 8 half square triangles
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial for an easy quilt pattern and I hope you make a table runner or a table topper. Be sure and stop by my blog for other tutorials and quilt projects.