Hi everyone! This is Connie from Freemotion by the River. My AccuQuilt guest post is another fast and easy project that will be perfect for Christmas or....change the fabrics and use the placemats and table topper any time.
The Christmas placemats finish at 12" x 18" and the centerpiece is 17" square.
To create this project I used the following:
GO! #55164 Churn Dash 9" die - which creates a whole block with just one die
1/2 yard - Red
3/4 yard - Green
1/4 yard - Christmas print
1/4 yard - White print
1 yard - backing
Cut your fabrics a little wider than the area on the die that you will cut.
Use a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
Each Churn Dash block consists of:
- 4 - half square triangles of the Christmas print
- 4 - half square triangles of the White print
- 4 - rectangles of the Red print
- 4 - rectangles of the White print
- 1 - square of the White print
To make four placemats and a centerpiece cut the following:
- 20 - half square triangles of the Christmas print
- 20 - half square triangles of the White print
- 20 - rectangles of the Red print
- 20 - rectangles of the White print
- 4 - square of the White print
Sew the pieces together as shown below. Press your seams to the dark fabric.
Here are the placemats with the strips added on one side.
When making the centerpiece use the same amount of strips but put 1 - 1 1/2" and 1 - 2" on each side.
Using the GO! #55017 2 1/2" Strip Cutter, add a 2 1/2" x 17" strip of the Christmas print to the top and bottom.
Layer placemats and centerpiece with batting and backing. Quilt as desired.
I also used the 2 1/2" strip cutter for the bindings.
It was warm enough outside to take a picture but.....too cold to eat out there!
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and if you make anything please share it!
Stop by my blog for other tutorials and patterns!