- 1 yard light colored fabric
- 5½" x 10¼" scraps of four bright batiks
- 1/2 yard Heat n Bond Lite
- FriXion pen for marking
- 17" x 17" batting
- 16" pillow form
- Cut a 17" x 17" square from the light background fabric.
- Fold in half and press.
- Measure up 1" from this line and mark a line across your fabric, measure up 1" again and do this until you have 5 lines.
- Measure down from the center 1" and mark a line across your fabric, measure down 1" again and do this until you have 5 lines.
- This will leave a 2" space in the center of your pillow.
Stitch on the lines twice with a dark blue thread (I used Aurfil 40wt).
Making the Pillow back:
Cut two pieces 16½" x 10" for an envelope style pillow.
Fold under one long edge (16½") twice and stitch down on both pieces.
Lay one backing piece right sides together with the pillow front. (The folded edge should be facing up.) Lay the other piece also right sides together on top. Stitch a 1/4" seam around the edge. Turn right side out.
Please stop by my blog Freemotion by the River where you can sign up for my newsletter, find free easy quilt patterns for more projects and other goodies.