Hi everyone, it is Connie from Freemotion by the River with another fast and easy tutorial featuring the GO! Qube. You’ll find all kinds of quilting tutorials, quilt patterns and other things on my blog.
Rosy - Appliquéd pillow
Finished Size: 16" x 16"
GO! Fabric Cutter:
GO! Cutting Dies:
Light Green Print - ½ yard
Green Print - fat quarter
Med Green Print - fat quarter
Red Print - scrap piece
Yellow Print - scrap piece
Fusible Web - 1/4 yard
Batting - 16" x 16"
16" Pillow insert
Cutting Instructions for pillow front:
NOTE: Apply fusible web to the wrong side of the fabrics following manufacturer’s instructions before cutting appliqué shapes.
Light Green Print
Cut 4 - Shape 6: GO! Square on Point 4 3/4" (#55778)
Cut 2 - strips with the 2 ½" Strip Cutter - sub-cut 2 - 2 ½" x 12 ½" and 2 - 2 ½" x 16"
Green Floral Print
Cut -8 - Shape 5: GO! Half Squared 3" Finished Triangle ( #55778)
Medium Green Print
Cut 8 - Shape 5: GO! Half Squared 3" Finished Triangle ( #55778) Cut 8 - Rose of Sharon Small petals (#55045)
Cut 4 - Rose of Sharon Medium Rose (#55045)
Cut 4 - Rose of Sharon Large Circles (#55045)
Cutting the pieces for the blocks
Cutting the appliqué pieces (also the large yellow circles)
Follow the directions in the GO! QUBE Make The Cut pattern book for the Triangles & Squares Block pattern on page 16.
Sew with a ¼" seam allowance.
Make 2 Green Floral blocks and 2 Medium Green blocks
- Sew one green floral print 3" finished half square triangle to each side of the light green square on point.
- Press seams toward the triangles.
- Repeat this for the other two sides.
- Make two more blocks from the medium green
The blocks will measure 6 ½" x 6 ½" - sew them together as shown to make a 12 ½" square block.
Add your rose and petal pieces and appliqué as desired. I did a free motion appliqué around mine.
- Add the 2 ½" x 12 ½ strips to the sides of the block and then add the 2 ½" x 16" strips to the top and bottom.
- Place the batting behind the pillow top and quilt as desired.
- Cut two pieces of the light green print 16" x 11" for the pillow back. On each piece fold the 16" side under ¼" and press.
- On one piece fold under ½" and top stitch it. On the other piece fold under 1" and top stitch.
- Place the 1" top stitched piece face down on the pillow top, then place the ½" top stitched piece face down on it.
Line up the edges and stitch ¼" around the pillow.
Turn right side out, press and insert the pillow insert.
Enjoy your beautiful appliquéd pillow!
I hope you have enjoyed the Rosy appliqué pillow quilting tutorial made with the AccuQuilt GO! Fabric Cutter and GO! dies.
If you are looking for more ideas for using the GO! Qube Mix & Match 12″ Block (55778), you might enjoy some of my previous quilt tutorials.
- Summer Flower Table Runner Tutorial
- Chinese Forget Me Not Wall Hanging
- Harrison Rose Table Runner Tutorial
- Crystal Table Topper Tutorial
Please stop by my blog where you can sign up for my newsletter, find free easy quilt patterns, and learn more about the type of appliqué I do with my vintage 15-91 Singer sewing machine.