Cherry Berry Orange Peel Table Topper
Finished size is 17" x 17"
GO! Fabric Cutter: You can use any of them
GO! Cutting Dies:
- scraps of 3 different batiks for the Orange Peel applique
- 1 fat quarter pink batik for back ground
- 1/4 yard dark batik for 2 ½" binding
- 1 fat quarter for the backing
- 18" x 18" batting (2 pieces)
The GO! Orange Peel die is 6" x 6" and can be used in any of the die cutters. The die gives you a 4 ½" orange peel shape that can easily be cut from your 5" charm squares or from scraps of your fabrics.
I used some batik quilt fabrics from the Cherry Berry collection by Island Batik that I had left over from another quilt project. I sewed some 2 ½" strips together for half of my orange peel pieces. I applied Heat n Bond Lite to the back of all the pieces before running them through the GO! die cutter.
- Cut 4 from one batik fabric.
- Cut 4 from two batik fabrics that have been sewn together.
- Cut the light pink batik to 18" x 18" for the back ground.
Lay out the orange peels in a pleasing design. If you fold your background piece in half and then half again you can used the creases to help you line up your orange peels.
I added two layers of batting to the back of the piece before doing a free motion applique using Aurifil thread.
Add the backing fabric and quilt the table topper. The Cherry Berry Orange Peel table topper shrank a little bit from the free motion quilting, I trimmed the piece to 17" x 17". Use the GO! #55017 2 1/2″ Strip Cutter to cut your binding strips. Sew together, fold in half and attach to the front of the Cherry Berry Orange Peel table topper.
Machine or hand stitch your binding.
I hope you have enjoyed this fast and easy Cherry Berry Orange Peel table topper tutorial made with the AccuQuilt GO! Fabric Cutter and GO! dies. If you are looking for more ideas for table toppers, you might enjoy some of my previous quilt tutorials.
- Coastal Mist Table Runner
- Winter Blues Table Runner
- Purple Shadows Pillow
- Rosey Applique Pillow
- Summer Flower Table Runner
- Chinese Forget Me Not Wall Hanging
- Harrison Rose Table Runner
- Crystal Table Topper
Please stop by my blog where you can sign up for my newsletter, find free easy quilt patterns for more Table Toppers, and learn more about the type of appliqué I do with my vintage 15-91 Singer sewing machine.