Eleanor Burns has a new Drunkard's Path Quilts Pattern Booklet with four free patterns and lots of tips and tricks to help you sew those curves confidently! The patterns include lovely Drunkard's Path blocks surrounded by flowers and a fantastic snowball wall hanging.
Eleanor's Tuesday Tips today is directly from her new pattern book, and the tips are all about sewing shapes with the no pin method. See below.
1. Set up machine with single hole throat plate and 1/4" foot. Sew 1/4" seam.
2. Lay out sets of blocks.
3. Take one set.
4. Flip quarter circle right sides together to block with quarter circle on top.
5. Anchor two pieces with 1/2" of stitching. Stop with needle in fabric.
6. Pull both pieces in straight line and sew 1/4" of the way. Stop with needle down.
7. Finger pin notches, and sew to notches. Stop with needle down.
8. Sew 3/4 of the way and stop.
9. Line up ends together and hold with stiletto. Sew off end. Sew all forty-eight patches.
10. Press seams toward dark.
Download the new Quilt in a Day Drunkard's Path Quilts Pattern Booklet by Eleanor Burns today and see for yourself how much easier it is to sew curves with the helpful notches on the die.