Hi everyone, it is Connie, Freemotion by the River, with another fun AccuQuilt® tutorial. Today I am sharing a beautiful batik mini table runner made with the new AccuQuilt GO!® Spider Web die.
Spider Web Table Runner
9" x 26"
GO! FABRIC CUTTERS:
GO! Baby Fabric Cutter (55600)
GO! Fabric Cutter (55100S)
GO! Big Electric Fabric Cutter (55500)
GO! CUTTING DIES:
GO! Spider Web-6" Finished (55482)
GO! 2 1/2" Strip Cutter (55017)
- ½ yard cream fabric
- ⅓ yard batik print
- ½ yard tan batik
- 10" x 30" batting
- 10" x 30" backing
- Place on fabric on die with wrong sides together.
- Cream - Cut a 8½" by width of fabric strip - sub-cut 4 groups.
- Print - Cut a 8½" by width of fabric strip - sub-cut 4 groups.
- Tan - Cut a 8½" by width of fabric strip - sub-cut 4 groups.
The photos below show you the 4 sections of the Spider Web die.
Sew with a ¼" seam allowance and make sure the notches are all at the narrow point of the centerpiece as shown.
If you don't do this your blocks will turn out wonky....ask me how I know.
Continue by adding the sections.
- Make 4 sections that are tan and white pieces.
- Make 4 sections that have a tan center, white pieces and the print for the third piece.
- Make 2 block sections that are the print and white pieces.
Arrange as shown below.
You would normally match the notched sections together and stitch your blocks, but I decided to do this layout. Sew together following the diagram below.
Add the last two sections to the ends of the mini table runner.
Add your backing, a layer of batting and quilt as desired. Use the 2½" strip cutter die to cut your binding. Cut two strips.
I hope you have enjoyed the Spider Web mini table runner tutorial!
Take a closeup look at the completed project below.